SUMMER MUSICAL – BYE BYE BIRDIE!
ANNOUNCEMENT: Woodbury Community Theatre is pleased to announce auditions for our summer family musical, BYE BYE BIRDIE – one of the most captivating musical shows of our time. It is a satire done with the fondest affection, and tells the story of a rock and roll singer who is about to be inducted into the army. An English Teacher, What Did I Ever See in Him?, Put on a Happy Face, One Boy, A Lot of Livin’ to Do, Kids, Rosie and Spanish Rose are musical theatre classics. This is the tops in imagination and good old fashion fun. The musical won 4 Tony Awards for Musical, Director, Choreography and Supporting or Featured Actor.
Cast Needs: Lenore Weir will be directing a cast that will consist of 20 teens, 13 or older, 15 adults, 1 boy 8 to 12 years old.
Auditions at Merrill Rivertown Campus:
- Sunday, May 18 – 2:00 to 8:00pm
- Monday, May 19—6:30 to 10:00pm
- Tuesday, May 20—6:30 to 10:00pm
- Thursday, May 22 – 7:00pm Callbacks
Performances on the Loft Stage @ East Ridge High School:
- Fridays & Saturdays, July 25, 26, August 1, 2 @ 7:00pm
- Sundays, July 27 and August 3 @ 3:00pm
- Thursday, July 31 – 1:00pm and 7:00pm private showings for special groups; must be available for these daytime and evening performances
Rehearsals: Rehearsals begin Tuesday, May 27 and will be held Monday-Friday from 6:00pm to 10:00pm pending roles assigned.
- Auditions & Rehearsals will be held at the Merrill Community Arts Center, 380 Rivertown Drive, Suite 200, Woodbury, MN 55125.
- Tech & Dress Rehearsals and Performances are held at the Loft Stage Theater, East Ridge High School, 4200 Pioneer Drive, Woodbury, MN 55129.
Additional questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.